Gender Spectrum is often looking to add new members to our team – keep track of this page for new openings.
Gender Spectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we value diverse perspectives and experiences at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In addition to the skills and experience required for each position, we have found that there are a number of qualities that have a tremendous impact on a team member’s success at Gender Spectrum, regardless of their position. They are:
• Passion for the mission and vision of the organization;
• Reflection on one’s own experiences of and ideas about gender;
• Cultural competence and self-reflection in increasing understandings of the effects of race, class, ethnicity, faith, and other issues of self in our society and applying this understanding to intersectional perspectives related to our work as an organization; and
• A desire and ability to meet others where they are, without judgment, in order to help them achieve their goals.
Program Coordinator - Professional Development and Training
Gender Spectrum is seeking a Program Coordinator to manage the administrative elements of our Professional Development program, conduct outreach to partner and potential client organizations, and evaluate program outcomes. Over time, depending on fit and growth, the Program Coordinator position may grow into a full-time Program Manager role that also provides training and facilitation services as part of a small team.
Learn more and find the application instructions in the position announcement.
Internships and Volunteers
If you are interested in learning about how we accomplish our work to create a gender-inclusive world, an internship or volunteer position may be a great fit. We have a big mission and a small staff, so volunteers are essential to our work. Our volunteers often live in the SF Bay Area but volunteers in any location can help with much of our work.
Our Conference and Professionals' Symposium are made possible with the support of 150+ volunteers. A volunteer application will be posted on our Conference and Symposium page a few months before the events are scheduled.
During the rest of the year, we are grateful for volunteer support in the following areas:
- Lounge Group Moderator – help new users join and participate in the Gender Spectrum Lounge, enforce community guidelines, and build community engagement.
- Leadership in creating and/or participating in online educational programs for youth, families or professionals.
- Facilitate an Online Discussion Group for youth or adults.
- Volunteer for events.
- Communications and social media support.
- General administrative work.
If you have a specific set of skills that fit a different type of project, let us know!
If you’re interested in volunteering please fill out our volunteer form.
We are an employer with the UC Berkeley work study office, so UC Berkeley students may qualify for work study funds. If your school has a work study program, let us know and we will work with you to see if a position with Gender Spectrum is a fit. Contact us at [email protected].