Gender Spectrum General Resources
Gender Spectrum Camp Resources
- Gender Inclusive Camps packet, including Framework for Gender Inclusive Camps, Planning Guide, Sample Mission and Policy Statements, Camp Gender Support Plan and Camp Gender Communication Plan.
- Camper Gender Support Plan
- Camp Gender Communication Plan
- FAQ for Summer Camps and Activities
- Gender Spectrum Training: Foundations of Gender Inclusion for Camp Professionals and Staff
- Webinar Recording: Creating Gender Inclusive Camps
American Camping Association - Articles on Supporting Transgender Campers and Staff
Supporting Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Youth at Summer Camps
List of 2020 Camp Programs for LGBTQ Youth, from Jessica Ann Vooris, author of “The Spaces in Between" and a list from Trans Student Educational Resources.
Gender inclusion policy FAQ, Camp Quest West.
Sports Leagues and Gender
Transathlete.com. See their list of policies for K-12 schools and the policies of major sport organizations.
Model Policy for Transgender Athletes in High School from the LGBT Sports Foundation.
Guidelines for Creating Policies for Transgender Children in Recreational Sports (2009). From the Transgender Law and Policy Institute.
On The Team: Equal Opportunity for Transgender Athletes (2010). A report from the National Center for Lesbian Rights, Women's Sports Foundation, and It Takes a Team.
Sports Project of the National Center for Lesbian Rights.
U.S. Soccer Federation (2013): Inclusion Policy
"The Transgender Athlete." Inside Higher Education (2010).
Developing Policies for Transgender Students on High School Teams, National Federation of State High School Associations.
Resources from Schuyler Bailar, the first openly transgender athlete to compete in any sport on an NCAA Division 1 men’s team.